The basic purpose of providing ATM services is to ensure safety. For this reason ANS CR aims to maintain or improve the safety level of provided services regardless of the air traffic volume. Safety is a priority for the company, which takes precedence over commercial, operational and other goals. As the principal means of achieving safety ANS CR has established a safety management system and is actively improving the system.
Key activities planned for the improvement of the safety management system in the period 2011 - 2015 include:
- support of safety culture, including progressive building of Just Culture within the company
- further development of methodology for evaluating the safety and its extension with the human factor influence
- transition to the use of the Risk Analysis Tool (RAT) in the investigation of events
- development of cooperation with partners in the field of safety, cooperation in safety evaluation, sharing of safety analysis, coordination of plans for handling unexpected situations
- development of communication about the safety management system, including training and sharing of safety information.
Another source of safety improvement is the participation of ANS CR in the SESAR programme projects and cooperation with service providers within the FAB CE (safety improvement through progressive harmonization and implementation of common elements, data and resource sharing, and safety level standardization).